Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have repeatedly listed us as one of their Apps of the Year —and, with more than 6 million users and 50,000 five-star reviews — komoot is the most popular cycling and hiking app in German-speaking markets.
To help us continue to grow in the DACH market, we are looking for an accomplished PR manager with experience primarily in cycling (outdoor and lifestyle is a plus) who will drive campaigns and build relationships with key media and opinion leaders.
What will you do
- Develop our PR plan for the German, Austrian and Swiss cycling, mountain biking and hiking market including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Manage all media relations activities, seeking high-quality placements on both print and digital channels.
- Evaluate opportunities for events, sponsorships, partnerships and advertising.
- Build relationships with the most relevant journalists and industry members to maximize brand presence and increase awareness.
- Team up with our community managers, product team, copywriters and designers to develop inspiring stories for advertorials, press notes and releases.
- Collect and analyze results, test new tactics and optimize your daily workflow.
Why you will love it
- You will drive the komoot PR Strategy for the DACH region - our strongest and most developed region.
- You will work with the most relevant media outlets in DACH to inspire cyclists, hikers and outdoor enthusiasts to choose komoot as their outdoor app and community.
- You will take total ownership of your role from the very beginning and play a strategic role in our PR development.
- You’ll enjoy great freedom in this role, to initiate exciting projects and to grow both personally and professionally.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced environment with experts in their fields including an international PR team, community managers spread across the world, and a creative team to support your output.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house or anywhere else that lies in any time zone situated between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have at least 4 years experience as a PR Manager/ Media Manager working for a cycling or outdoor brand (cycling preferred).
- You have a proven track record of executing successful PR campaigns, with the cycling or outdoor media, to your name.
- You live what you preach:. You are a keen cyclist who is already well connected within the cycling community in the DACH region and considers networking a way of life.
- Speak native-level German and excellent English with great copywriting/editing skills.
- Are a self-starter, not afraid to get your hands dirty and you thrive when you have multiple projects to manage.
- Are digitally-savvy and familiar with various tools and platforms that will support you in your work.
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Please send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or a blog or website you manage.
Apply via our website: https://www.komoot.de/jobs/pr-manager-dach