Global Procurement and Category Director (m/f/d)
Who we are?
LEADER. MADE IN GERMANY.
Made in Germany means high quality, innovations in engineering and sustainable business. This is what Derby Cycle stands for as a part of the biggest bikes producer in Europe and as a major global player with presence in more than 50 markets – the Pon.Bike Group. With several leading brands (e.g. Gazelle, Kalkhoff, Focus, Cervelo, Santa Cruz, Raleigh) Pon.Bike provides the best bikes in any market segment – from off-road downhill racing, to urban e-bikes.
MOVEMENT IS OUR ELEMENT.
Bicycle industry is experiencing a radical change – higher demand for sustainable mobility drives e-bikes expansion, market is expected to grow by 10%-17% annually in the next 5 years. Innovations in technology continuously advance e-bikes features as well as the role of e-bikes in the economy and society. Distribution landscape is also rapidly changing to meet consumers’ preference for a full omni-channel experience. In line with the market trends, Derby Cycle is undergoing through a major transformation journey. Its commercial strategy targets strengthening its brands, becoming more focused in market model and establish omni-channel sales. Its operational strategy lies in creating more flexible manufacturing footprint supported by state of the art processes and IT systems. Success in implementation is highly dependent on commitment, skills and readiness for change of our employees.
As global procurement and category director within Pon.Bike you will responsible for managing the team of category and project buyers in our team located at our factory in Cloppenburg as well as managing a category of bike components and/or services. Our location in Cloppenburg represents roughly 50% of our global group spend and as such is key in realizing our global synergies and targets. On one hand you are responsible to manage the local team including 5 project and category buyers. You are part of the global procurement management team of Pon.Bike.On the other hand you will be managing a global cross-functional commodity team including people from functions like product management, engineering and quality from different brands across the globe. The category manager is sourcing the components for all brands within Pon.Bike and will conduct competitive bidding processes, establish new suppliers, manage commercial relationships with existing suppliers and develop the performance of suppliers. As Pon.Bike hs been growing by acquisitions into one of the largest OEM’s in the bicycle industry we are now making an important step in globalizing our procurement across the brands. The global category manager plays a pivotal role in this change and realizing synergies from our supply base.
- Procurement director leading a team of multiple buyers
- Direct and manage the category and project buyers based in Cloppenburg in running their categories as well as develop their skills
- Organize procurement within the local operating company and manage relationships with departments like Product Management, Engineering, Quality and Planning
- Continuously explore, develop and implement cost optimization opportunities within the category and the operating company
- Lead cross-functional team in developing and implementing the category and supplier strategy towards company targets
- Lead competitive bidding and allocation process of new and existing components
- Manage commercial relationships with existing suppliers as well as managing escalations in terms of quality, delivery or other areas effecting the relationship
- Prepare, lead and facilitate cross-functional team meetings
- Manage overall supplier performance assessment
- Manage supplier risks and capacity management
- Contract management
- Find and develop new suppliers
- Play an active role within the global procurement team to develop a professional Pon. Bike procurement organization which is actively involved and engaged by the brands
- completed studies in business administration or similar
- Proven international procurement category management of direct materials experience (at least 5 years);
- Experience in developing complete category strategies;
- Capability to conduct stakeholder management in a multi-brand global environment;
- Fluency of business level English. Other languages such as German and Dutch are preferred.
- Prepared to substantial travelling, both Europe, USA and Asia;
- Preferably experience in Consumer Goods, Automotive or Electronics;
- Leadership and facilitation skills;
- Assertiveness and strong influential and negotiation skills.
Fit to Pon.Bike Values
- Passion to perform
- Trust to act
- Act responsibly
- Make it Fun
What we are offering?
- A challenging position in an international, growing company
- Many opportunities to develop yourself and your team
- An attractive compensation, extensive fringe benefits and more (e.g. car leasing, discounts on bikes, workplace health promotion, employer-founded pension and much more)
- Flexible working hours and an attractive 30-day vacation policy
You are looking for a new challenge and feel addressed?
So it is time to meet each other!
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS WITH INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS VIA OUR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
Derby Cycle Werke GmbH // Siemensstraße 1 - 3 // 49661 Cloppenburg